Nowadays, if you go out without eyebrow makeup, people will immediately notice that your face may be lacking something. On-fleek eyebrows have been a thing for years now. When done right, they help accentuate one’s beautiful facial features. However, if you are not fond of spending countless minutes just fixing your eyebrows, microblading is the semi-permanent solution for you.
With microbladed eyebrows, you can confidently go out as soon as you wake up in the morning. You always have on-fleek eyebrows with little to no preparation needed. However, microblading is not something you can do as soon as you want to. There are preparations and care that needs implementation before you go to your chosen clinic or tattoo shop.
If you have a scheduled microblading appointment soon, take note of these care reminders to make sure your brand new and on-fleek eyebrows will look good and last for a long time.
Pre-microblading Care Notes to Remember
Here are the things you should do before getting microblading.
Four Weeks before the Appointment
- Discontinue using Retin-A.
Two Weeks before the Appointment
- Stop applying AHA skincare products close to your eyebrow area.
- Do not schedule any botox appointments, especially around the brow area.
One Week before the Appointment
- Do not expose yourself to too much sun.
- Do not go to the tanning salon.
- Do not perform any of the following activities: brow waxing, brow tinting, chemical peel, or microdermabrasion.
24 Hours before Your Appointment
- Do not engage in any extreme exercise or activities.
- Do not drink alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before your appointment.
- Do not take the following medicines: vitamin E, Advil or Ibuprofen, Niacin, and Aspirin.
Post-microblading Care Notes to Remember
Expect the microblading session to last for about two hours on average. After the session, here are the things you have to do:
Within 24 Hours After Your Appointment
- Never touch your brows and the surrounding area.
On the Second Day after the Appointment Onwards
- Keep the brow area clean but make sure only to use water or a gentle and fragrance-free cleanser. Clean the area twice a day and see to it that your hands are freshly-washed each time.
- Never use a washcloth or sponge when cleaning your eyebrow area.
- Follow the direction of your eyebrow hair growth when washing the area.
- Ensure that your eyebrows are thoroughly dry before you apply a thin layer of the after-care serum provided or recommended by your microblading center. Apply it on using your clean hands or a Q tip. Do it as frequently as prescribed.
- Never apply the following products to your eyebrows as they could cause an infection: Vaseline, Petroleum, Bepanthen, or A&D ointments.
- Never rub, scratch, or pick the treated area. You would observe dry skin but let them naturally peel off. Should you decide to pick them, you could end up getting some scarring or losing some of the pigments.
Two to Three Weeks after the Appointment
- Do not sleep with your face on the pillow for at least three weeks,
- Do not wear makeup on the affected areas.
- Do not get Botox near the affected areas,
- Do not go to the swimming pool, tanning bed, sauna, steam rooms, and hot showers.
- Do not expose yourself to sunlight as well for a good three weeks. Doing so would only irritate your skin.
- Do not engage in extreme exercises and activities for five days to two weeks.
- Make sure to apply sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.
- Visit the clinic for eyebrow tinting two weeks after the procedure.
Four Weeks after the Appointment
- Avoid facial and chemical treatments.
Your microblading specialist should tell you these reminders before and after the procedure. If you have other questions, make sure to ask them ahead. Make sure to keep these notes in mind and take care of yourself and your brows to get the best microblade effect.
Lucky Deville Tattoo Co is a tattoo shop in Buffalo, NY, but tattooing is not our only service. Our team of experienced tattoo artists also offers other services such as microblading and safe piercings. The microblading process is different from eyebrow tattooing, so we made sure to master it before providing it to the public. Book your appointment now!